[squeak-dev] Diff

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 09:22:55 UTC 2011

On 6/2/11 3:20 AM, "Casey Ransberger" <casey.obrien.r at gmail.com> wrote:

> 3) How many classes are mutually missing
>
> ...and certainly many, many other things I'll learn that I need later. My plan
> is to just iterate over and enumerate these objects. It will probably take
> some time to do, no doubt.

What I was doing for long time is
On A
Smalltalk classNames saveOnFileNamed: 'AImageClasses'.
On B
Smalltalk classNames saveOnFileNamed: 'BImageClasses'

I drag and drop ' AImageClasses.obj' on B or 'BImageClasses.obj' on A

On the panel code of Inspector I evaluate

Smalltalk classNames difference: self.

Ready, you have the list of "missing" class names

All this and more in the SqueakLight series.

I export the sources using the still in the image ill fated
ReleaseBuilderFor3dot11 , see sources managment category.

All the 'sqz' generated for  3.8 3.9, 3.10 was in the ftp.squeak.org/
Experiments folder of ftp.

I now have for Pharo and Cuis also

You could retrieve any and see the differences using PseudoClass.

This days another Argentina student, Martin Dias <tinchodias at gmail.com>, is
working on Fuel, so soon we have more to read and experiment.

Yours.

Edgar