[squeak-dev] Re: Testing Seaside in Squeak4.3alpha-11321

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 08:00:35 UTC 2011

On 6/3/11, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jun 2011, Chris Muller wrote:
>
>> Extending the System workspace is obsolete and will be removed soon.
>> You may load Seaside from SqueakMap.
>
> That doesn't solve this problem. The loader script on SqueakMap uses
> an unspecified version of ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser. This shouldn't
> really be a problem, but the version where I fixed the Squeak (and some
> Pharo) part of it was simply ignored by others (Pharo devs). So loading
> the newest version of ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser via Installer won't
> work for Squeak. Other than that, the configuration is still loading the
> same old mczs, which don't include the fix for the button bar.
>

> Levente

Colin Putney wrote on the 19th of April in this thread that he has
included the fix of Andreas.
So either he has not published his update of OmniBrowser yet
(upstream?) or the configuration script takes a copy from another
repository.

A note aside:
OmniBrowser has its own UI construction framework which is the only
one portable between Squeak and Pharo. Seaside uses it for the control
panel

Colin Putney (one of the original authors who still maintains
OmniBrowser) keeps a repository of OmniBrowser at the wiresong
repository.

Lukas Renggli does a fork from time to time to his own repository and
adds Pharo-specific things and other enhancements.

And I think there is even a third one maintained by Pharo developers
as Pharo is a moving target (Not sure, needs checking).

So we need

1) That the fix by Andreas is included in OmniBrowser
2) That the load script picks the right version of OmniBrowser

BTW it does not matter if the load script resides on Squeak map or is
in the "Extending the system workspace". We need to make it work again
in either case.

--Hannes