[squeak-dev] Progress-bar positioning

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 22:26:18 UTC 2011

I just committed a fix that allows SystemProgressMorph to not ignore
the users requested position on the screen.  String
displayProgress:at:... accepts the position to display the progress,
but was ignoring it.

The result is that the progress bar is now being displayed where it,
traditionally, has been requested to be displayed - at the Sensor's
cursorPoint.

If that isn't desirable, we'll have to change senders of displayProgress:at:...

What I would like is to have a preference; the Display selector
#center, #topCenter, #topLeft, bottomCenter, etc. which allows us to
specify where we want progress-bar to be displayed.

Besides plaing correctness, my motivation for fixing this was I am
tired of always having to move the progress-bar out of hte way when
the debugger opens behind it.  If I specify #topCenter for the (yet
unimplemented) preference, then there would be reasonable real-estate
to utilize the debugger.

 - Chris

PS - To ensure a smooth update process, I also left behind three
now-unused methods.  Does anyone remember whether we have a way to
"mark" methods for deletion (other than #isThisEverCalled)?