[squeak-dev] OSProcess on Windows

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 00:04:45 UTC 2011

Hi Chris,

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Chris Muller <ma.chris.m at gmail.com> wrote:

> After a long time working solely in Linux, I seem to be confused about
> how to configure an image on Windows with OSProcess.  I'm running a
> recent Cog VM (2382, April 26 2011) and have Win32OSProcessPlugin.dll
> is in my VM directory, but I don't have any of the Plugin classes in
> my image.
>
> When I try to load OSProcessPlugin from SqueakMap, it halts saying it
> wants InterpreterPlugin to be able to install OSProcessPlugin and
> subclasses..
>
> What is the proper way to install OSProcess on Windows?

I don't know about a proper way.  But if you look at
http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog/image/{VMMaker-Squeak4.1.image,VMMaker-Squeak4.1.changes}you'll
find an OSProcessPlugin there-in which at least compiles on Windows.
 It is derived from code I wrote for Newspeak at Cadence and we use it to
run subversion and mercurial from Windows.  It most definitely does work
there.

HTH
Eliot