[squeak-dev] [Help] How do I examine the state of a Linux paste buffer?

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 18 03:22:32 UTC 2011

I am trying to track down the problem stated in
M7472: In sq 9563 copying workspace text across images loses line endings.
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7472

There is a clear distinction between pasting to and from squeak and pasting from squeak to a text editor then back to squeak. The latter preserves line breaks. How do the two representations differ. This is in the context of a Ubuntu 8.04 OS. I would like to get to the bottom of this because the problem is annoying.