[squeak-dev] [ANN] StOMP - Yet another multi-dialect object
masashi.umezawa at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 02:16:35 UTC 2011
I have recently developed a new serialization library called
StOMP(Smalltalk Objects on MessagePack).
StOMP is a binary serializer for major Smalltalk dialects. For those
who know SIXX, StOMP can be seen as a binary SIXX. While SIXX
represents object data as XML, StOMP uses MessagePack. By combining
the flexibility of SIXX with the compactness of MessagePack, StOMP
aims to be a unique, next-generation portable serializer for
- Implementation is compact and portable
- Shared/circular references support
- "Class shape changes" support
- Data is interchangable between Smalltalk dialects
- Good performance for small sized object graph
StOMP is now available for Squeak, Pharo, and VisualWorks.
There is ConfigurationOfStOMP, so the installation is easy.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfStOMP) perform: #load.
[:masashi | ^umezawa]
More information about the Squeak-dev