[squeak-dev] Re: initial Spoon modularization

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Tue Jun 21 17:17:48 UTC 2011

> 300k! You can do better than that! :)  Wow that is tiny!  Very cool.

     Yeah, I made another object memory to satisfy the size freaks. :)
It just adds 3 and 4 and exits, and it's 1337 bytes[1].

> What will the next shrinking pass do? Does it need to be smaller? I
> would think that while you are using it, 300k will be like a single
> hair on a cat.

     Heh, true. The moment you load a module for connecting to the
display, you pretty much balloon up to at least 350k. ;)

     Seriously, the main point in being small is making it easier to
understand the whole system. I want to enable anyone who's interested to
learn how everything fits together, and not wonder why something is there.

     thanks again,

-C

[1] http://netjam.org/spoon/smallest

--