[squeak-dev] Re: [CI] Security

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Fri Jun 24 18:50:51 UTC 2011

On 24/06/11 8:17 AM, Frank Shearar wrote:

> I suppose we have to ask what we want out of the CI - do we want
> pretty web pages with red and blue icons? Would a simple mail on a
> breaking build be sufficient for our needs? (Or a mail for a
> successful one: noisier, but allows one to distinguish between a
> working build and a dead CI server.)

People can get an RSS feed for all builds, failed builds, etc.

> If that's all that's needed, then I suspect one could do something
> like run the Hudson installation on a local port, and have people use
> ssh forwarding: ssh -L 8000:foo.bar.com:9090 me at foo.bar.com and then
> you can go to http://localhost:8000/.

I don't understand why this is needed.

> Not undoably bad for the CI admin. If we want to serve up "this is how
> things are going" on a web page, I _guess_ we could do that with
> Apache RewriteRule-fu. Anyone clued up on that?

I don't understand why any web page development is needed.
Hudson/Jenkins has a web UI already. Just open up a firewall portno for
whichever portno it's listening on.

However, a nicer configuration would be to set "ci.squeak.org" to
redirect to localhost:8080 (or whatever portno it's set to use).