[squeak-dev] Re: [Seaside] InfoVis

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 08:41:49 UTC 2011

Hello Chris

For me it worked right out of the box. Very nice.
Below are the steps to make it work. Actually the way how it is supposed to be.

Regards
Hannes

Testing InfoVis in Squeak 4.2

1) Take Squeak Seaside 4.2 all-in-one image (a fresh one)

2) Open Monticello Browser and add the InfoVis repository

    MCHttpRepository
        location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/InfoVis'
        user: ''
        password: ''

3) Open the InfoVis repository and load
       ConfigurationOfInfoVis-hkl.3

4) Execute
       (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfInfoVis) load.

5) Execute
        InfoVisExamplesBrowserComponent initialize

6) Point your browser to
        http://localhost:nnnn/browse/examples

     to find the Infovis examples browser
     (nnnn = port number on which Seaside is running)

7) All examples but one are working

CHARTS
    Area Chart
    Bar Chart
    Pie Chart

GRAPHS AND TREES
    Force directed (does not work)
    Hyper tree
    Radial graph
    Space tree

SPACE FILLING TREES
    Icicle
    Sunburst
    TreeMap

Remark:
the examples browser as such is as well a good starting point for
presenting information.

Excellent work; congratulations to Holger Kleinsorgen.!!