Deoptimized calls fail in Cog (was Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: Compiler-nice.189.mcz)

Juan Vuletich juan at
Wed Mar 2 19:46:17 UTC 2011

Hi Folks,

commits at wrote:
> Nicolas Cellier uploaded a new version of Compiler to project The Trunk:
> Name: Compiler-nice.189
> Author: nice
> Time: 13 February 2011, 7:44:38.363 pm
> UUID: 3f6f02cd-1acf-48de-a388-b5ac55e27055
> Ancestors: Compiler-nice.188
> Enable cascading of special messages by deoptimizing, thanks Eliot.
> This is mostly useless, but it removes an arbitrary limitation of the language.
> =============== Diff against Compiler-nice.188 ===============
I integrated this nice code in Cuis, and tried:

true ifTrue: [ Transcript cr; show: 'was true' ]; yourself

I found that this works ok with the interpreter but does nothing in Cog.
A bug, right?

Juan Vuletich