[squeak-dev] Squeak 4.2-10966 OmniBrowser failure to load

Jonathan Wright j.c at jondw.com
Mon Mar 7 00:18:39 UTC 2011

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 11:23:18 -0700
"Ken G. Brown" <kbrown at mac.com> wrote:

> Sounds good, let me know if you want some testing done.
>
> Thx,
> Ken
>
> At 12:14 PM -0600 2/8/11, Chris Muller apparently wrote:
> >Hi Ken, I am working on a fix for this and loading of other packages
> >for the 4.2 release.  Please stay-tuned...
> >
> >On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Ken G. Brown <kbrown at mac.com> wrote:
> >> Trying to load OmniBrowser from the Help/Extending the system
> >> Workspace fails because it cannot find OCForOB-rr.2.mcz
> >>
> >> This was discussed a fews days ago.
> >>
> >> <http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2011-February/157209.html>
> >>
> >> Ken

I have tried loading OmniBrowser, and while it loads it errors out
while trying to use it. I issued the following command:
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser) project perform: #version:
with: '1.2') load: #(Dev).

I get an error when I type text in the upper bar.

Similarly, in 4.2 I cannot get seaside working.  You can add adapters
to the control panel, but they will not start.