[squeak-dev] SimpleMorphic

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 00:46:44 UTC 2011

Yeah, in Squeak's situation it makes even more sense than it makes in Pharo, because we have a lot of features and applications in our image which the community is strongly aligned against breaking until they can be reloaded as external packages, which I think is admirable and responsible, but makes it really hard to drive Morphic into the future.

SimpleMorphic is nice because we can enjoy our past while slicing off a delicious piece of the future (Cuis' Morphic implementation approaches an ideal in my view, though some features are missing.)