Traslator idea Re: [squeak-dev] SimpleMorphic

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Mar 8 04:29:26 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 10:45:18AM -0300, Juan Vuletich wrote:
> Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> >It's obvious none today Morphic app could run in SimpleMorphic, right ?
> >So, what about if we design a Traslator package which could take a today
> >Morphic app and convert it to SimpleMorphic ?
> >
> >Juan could advice to a Translator "Task Force".
> >As I have a nice internal LAN with all kind of computers , volunteer for
> >doing test and reports.
> >When learn how to do , also could help with code.
> >
> >Edgar
> >

> I will support this initiative (or any other that involves code I
> write). I will participate in discussions, advice if needed, and fix any
> bugs found in my code.
>
> Cheers,
> Juan Vuletich

Thanks Juan.

I moved all of the SimpleMorphic updates I have done for Squeak to
a project on SqueakSource called "SimpleMorphic for Squeak". This
includes some updates since the versions I put into the inbox.

  MCHttpRepository
      location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/SimpleMorphicSqueak'
      user: ''
      password: ''

This should be just a temporary repository, but I guess it is better
to put it on SqueakSource than leave it sitting on my hard drive.

I will remove the files that I put in the Squeak inbox, which are
now obsolete.

Dave