[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak4.3alpha-11132 (was: Re: Broken update process)

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 15:57:56 UTC 2011

I've just published our first 4.3 alpha image at:

    http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3/

This image includes the new Monticello upgrades, providing a base
foundation which can handle trunk-updates going forward without having
to manually load packages first.

I wish it could be as simple as a renamed method, but actually the
API's including the types of objects that are passed between MC and
MC-Configs have changed.  It _might_ be possible to get it to fly
through all the way from a 4.2, but working forward from this new
baseline is much easier.

If you want to get back onto the trunk from an existing 4.2-based
image, just load the following (or newer) packages manually from the
"trunk" repository, via Monticello:

  - Collections-cmm.431
  - Monticello-cmm.438
  - MonticelloConfigurations-cmm.89

Once these versions are loaded, that image can now update from the
trunk normally (via "update Squeak" menu option).

 - Chris