[squeak-dev] Trunk update continuity restored

Jeff G jgon.in.canada at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 23:14:33 UTC 2011

Just as an additional note, getting the new 4.3 image that was posted, and
running it using the latest Cog build results in an MNU when you try to
update:

MCHttpRepository >> #versionFromFileNamed:
[] in InstallerMonticello>>mcThing
...more things that are hard to type on my phone...

Abandoning this and trying to update again results in success.  I will try
to post more info when I am home and have access to my computer.

Thanks,
Jeff G.

On 2011-03-16 2:25 PM, "Levente Uzonyi" <leves at elte.hu> wrote:

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011, Chris Muller wrote:

> Whew, I think continuous updating from 4.2 has now been ...
It's an ugly hack IMHO, but it works. I hope we won't have to use it again.

But the update process is still broken. If you update your image and there's
a new configuration map defined, then packages newer than those defined in
the last configuration map are not loaded. You have to update your image
again to make that happen.
Also the mcd files don't appear in the package cache (like
Tests-cmm.177(nice.155).mcd), but full mczs do, which shouldn't, like
Tests-cmm.177.mcz.

Levente