[squeak-dev] Re: Separate TeaTime (was Re: Re: Teleplace is hiring...)

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 04:42:12 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 05:09:52AM +0100, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2011, Matthew Fulmer wrote:

> >> What do you need help with?
> >
> > The holdup is the VM's actually:
> >
> > - Recent Cog VM's crash on startup from OpenGL/FFI
> > - Windows interpreter VM crashes on startup from JPEGPlugin
>
> Is it reproducible? Is there a bug report for it?

I havn't bothered trying to find a simple reproduction since the
VM is nearly a year old, and is most likely fixed in a new
version. Once a new vm appears, and if it still shows, I'll post
a report.

> > - Unix interpreter VM has broken MPEGPlugin
> > - Mac VM hasn't been extensively tested; John's latest may work,
> >  but Esteban's is missing plugins
> >
> > Old Cog VM's (2316) almost work, but:
> > - Windows VM is missing SoundPlugin
> > - At least on windows, the router sockets timeout after they've
> >  been running for 30 minutes or so
>
> What does "timeout" mean here? Do they become closed?

It means that they raise a ConnectionTimedOut error. I'm not
entirely sure what happens after that. A Cog VM newer than 6
months old may fix it. Once I can reproduce the problem with a
recent VM, I'll make a report. Currently, I can't even start
cobalt on recent cog vm's, much less have it run for 30 minutes and
manifest this issue. And yes, that bug that causes crash on
startup is reported:

http://code.google.com/p/cog/issues/detail?id=3

--
Matthew Fulmer (a.k.a. Tapple)