board candidacy (was: Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2011!!!)

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 23:07:36 UTC 2011

The last year has been a real privilege for me to get to practice my
stewardship of Squeak.  I would like to re-up.

I haven't seen any other candidacy announcements.  Anyone nervous
about running due to concerns about time or homework, I'd just like to
say, being on the board has not been a lot of work.  Basically we just
meet twice per month in a Teleplace meeting room at a time that is
good for everyone.  Even then, we often operate with 1 or 2 missing
persons; we're volunteers.

The plus-side is the opportunity to converse with others who share an
interest in Squeak, syncronously rather than just through e-mail.
It's a good mindshare which can be practical for brainstorming ideas
quickly.

Even if I am the only candidate to vote for, there is no guarantee
that I would win the Supreme Ruler throne since I would still have to
beat out the "nobody" candidate - that's pretty scary.  :)

I will not have e-mail access starting tomorrow night until April 3rd,
which is voting day!  So I'm afraid my campaign must conclude here.

If there will be a Squeak board for 2011, I'm running for it.

 - Chris