[squeak-dev] I am running for the 2011 board

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Fri Mar 25 21:54:46 UTC 2011

I am running for re-election for the Squeak Oversight Board. Though I
don't have a single line of code in any official Squeak release, I have
been around since the beginning and feel that I have been able to
contribute a bit as the group's historian. This was particularly true in
the 2009 board with the relicensing effort. For 2010 my participation
was smaller (mostly deleting the spam from the board's blog :-)

For 2011, I would like to see a 4.3 release early in the second half of
this year with a parallel effort to create a modular Squeak 5.0 (for
late this year or early next year), which has been a goal since at least
the late 1990s. This could be based on Craig Latta's Spoon project, if
Craig feels that the time is right for that. If not, then I would like
to work on this myself starting around October (supposing I finish my
PhD in September).

I with to support the various Squeak related communities, such as
OpenCobalt, Etoys, Scratch, whatever VPRI is doing, Dr. Geo, Seaside,
Aida, SqueakNOS and so on. It would be great to evolve our technical
base to make it easier for them to play together.

Cheers,
-- Jecel