[squeak-dev] The 2011 Squeak board election

Nikolay Suslov nsuslovi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 16:00:49 UTC 2011

Hello!

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for the coming 2001 Squeak board
election.

Admiring and putting a very high hopes on what VPRI
<http://www.vpri.org>does these days, thinking that the moment has
come and we could have some of
it's public available projects (OMeta, Worlds) being included in the current
mainstream Squeak. OMeta <http://www.tinlizzie.org/ometa/> is a new
object-oriented language for pattern matching, thus it could be used in a
lot of places in the current Squeak, while generalising and simplifying a
lot of things (XML parsing, styling, working with files and browsers, ect)
just today!
Another task, I wanted to be realised with OMeta, is getting the localised
Smalltalk language programming support for non-english speakers. And the
long term goal, is making modular Squeak trough Yoshiki's
SqueakBootstrapper<https://github.com/yoshikiohshima/SqueakBootstrapper>
.
Getting the green light to these novel projects in the current more or less
stable Squeak 4.x today, could really bring closer all the known forks and
projects, like EToys, Croquet/Cobalt, LivelyKernel, ect. and will prepare
the Squeak to it's future, meaning: an upcoming Ian Piumarta's COLA
architecture <http://piumarta.com/software/cola/>.

Best regards,
Nikolay Suslov
http://www.krestianstvo.org