[squeak-dev] unable to get past update 178 to get to a current image

Enrico Spinielli enrico.spinielli at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 29 10:44:54 UTC 2011

It does not work for me.
Here are reproducible scenarios (my aim is to build images via
scripts, similarly
to what Lukas does with his hudson build server):

Case one (first install then update [then install])
==================================
1. start from Squeak4.2-10966
2. Try to install FFI (for your platform) from 'Extending the system' --> ok
3. update to latest trunk and follow the advise from Levente -> ok
4. Try to install FFI again  -> nok

I get

UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #encodeForHTTP
	Receiver: nil
	Arguments and temporary variables:
		aMessage: 	encodeForHTTP
		exception: 	MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>encodeForHTTP
		resumeValue: 	nil
	Receiver's instance variables:
nil

see attached SqueakDebug1.log

Case two (first update then install)
=========================
1. start from Squeak4.2-10966
2. update to latest trunk and follow the advise from Levente -> ok
3. Try to install something, i.e. FFI for your platform (as from
'Extending the System'
     but without MacOS and Unix packages) -> nok

I get DNU as above, see SqueakDebug2.log in attachment.

Case three (from 4.3 alpha, install then update)
==================================
1. start from Squeak4.3-11157
2. Try to install something, i.e. FFI for your platform (as from
'Extending the System'
     but without MacOS and Unix packages) -> nok

I get DNU as above, see SqueakDebug3.log in attachment.

Case four (from 4.3alpha, first update then install)
=========================
1. start from Squeak4.3-11157
2. update to latest trunk  -> ok
3. Try to install something, i.e. FFI for your platform (as from
'Extending the System'
     but without MacOS and Unix packages) -> nok

I get DNU as above, see SqueakDebug4.log in attachment.

Any advise?
Bye
Enrico

--
Enrico Spinielli
"Do Androids dream of electric sheep?"— Philip K. Dick