[squeak-dev] Monticello refresh broken?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Mar 31 12:24:58 UTC 2011

On 31.03.2011, at 14:09, Frank Shearar wrote:

> On 2011/03/31 12:58, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>> On Thu, 31 Mar 2011, Frank Shearar wrote:
>>
>>> If you go to http://source.squeak.org/inbox/, you'll see
>>> Tools-fbs.337.mcz
>>>
>>> However, when I open a Monticello browser and point it to the inbox
>>> repository, I don't see that file. I only see up to version 333.
>>>
>>> If I hit the Refresh button, it looks like nothing at all happens: the
>>> action completed very quickly (sub 1 second), and of course I don't
>>> see any newer versions. This is in a trunk image, 11196.
>>
>> It works for me, though I sometimes can't select a version. This happens
>> when there's an .mcd and an .mcz for the same version.
>>
>> Did you try reopening the repository?
>
> If you mean closing the Monticello windows and opening them again, yes.
>
> What's weird is that another machine, also with a clean trunk image of the same version number, sees all the versions.
>
> frank

Maybe try to flush the cached versions (in the repository list's context menu).

I have the impression something is strange with the version display. MCDs used to not show up. They don't show if you look at the directory listing on squeaksource directly. That's on purpose. Maybe now MC shows includes the locally cached version - it shouldn't, IMHO.

- Bert -