[squeak-dev] SimpleMorphic Editors

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Mar 31 12:39:51 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 08:02:51AM -0300, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 3/30/11 11:57 AM, "Bal?zs K?si" <rebmekop at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm done with copying the Editor classes from Cuis, and made some other minor
> > advancements too.
> >
> > You can load it with:
> >
> > Installer mc
> >  http: 'http://leves.web.elte.hu/squeak';
> >  install: 'SimpleMorphic-kb.10.mcz';
> >  install: 'SMx-kb.18.mcz'
>

> > I think we should use the ToolBuilder for tools instead of
> > SimpleMorphic-Tools (eg. SMxBrowserWindow). In this new version you
> > can evaluate Browser open,
> > and get a functional but a bit ugly browser.
> >
> > Bal?zs
> >
> > SimpleMorphic-kb.10
> >  - use SMxEditors instead of squeak Editors
> >  - SMxLayoutFrame missed some accessors
> >  - Use ToolBuilder version of Inspector in SMxMorph >> inspecInMorphic:
> >  - Use squeak protocol of styling in SMXPluggableTextMorph
> >  - added: SMxPluggableTextMorph >> select, sent by the parser when
> > correcting variables
> >  - Use ToolBuilder version of Browser in SMXTheWorldMenu
> >
> > SMx-kb.18
> >  - copied Cuis' Editor hierarchy: SMxEditor, SMxTextEditor,
> > SMxSmalltalkEditor.
> >  - removed extensions from Squeak's Editor hierarchy
> >  - rewrote Editor/TextEditor/SmalltalkEditor class references to their
> > SMx versions.
> >  - commented out some OSProcess trace sends
> >  - fiddled with SimpleMorphicToolBuilder >> setLayout:in: to do something.
>

> This works well.
>
> In particular , like dnu in SimpleMorphic world raise a debugger, a step
> forward for me.
>
> Is possible you, David Lewis, me , others Squeakers work together for having
> full functional SimpleMorphic into Squeak 4.3 ?
>
> Edgar

Hi Bal?zs,

I've been away and have not had a chance to look at your work
(sorry). Meanwhile I added you as developer on the SqueakSource
project:

  MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/SimpleMorphicSqueak'
    user: ''
    password: ''

If anyone else is working on this, please speak up and I'll add
you to the SqueakSource project.

Thanks,
Dave