[squeak-dev] Re: Hello list

Rodney Polkinghorne rodneyp at physics.uq.edu.au
Tue May 3 03:55:13 UTC 2011

Nicolas Cellier, replying to me on Wed, 20 Apr:

> One question that soon arise is complex extension of some intrinsic
> functions, say arcSin for example.

> we extend the Number>>#arcSin with a complex extension

Scheme has done that for 30 years without drama.

> Drawback: we loose the ability to raise a DomainError

I think this drawback is minor.  Spurious errors shouldn't be raised.
Actual errors will be apparent at a higher level, and should be
handled there.  Usually, the mistake was using real numbers at all.

> Anyway I'm interested in cleaning and extending trunk if necessary.

Could I help?

Rodney