[squeak-dev] Re: OpenQwaq is open!

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue May 3 21:44:57 UTC 2011

>>>>> "glenpaling" == glenpaling  <glenpaling at rogers.com> writes:

glenpaling> This will be a great advertisement for Smalltalk, Squeak and Croquet!
glenpaling> I presume Randal[...]'s warning about GNU Smalltalk applies to the OpenQwaq
glenpaling> images:
glenpaling> http://forum.world.st/beware-GNU-Smalltalk-if-you-want-to-contribute-to-squeak-tt70397.html#a70434
glenpaling> http://forum.world.st/beware-GNU-Smalltalk-if-you-want-to-contribute-to-squeak-tt70397.html#a70434

And wearing my Squeak Board Member hat, I will reaffirm this about
OpenQwaq.  As it is under a license that is incompatible with Squeak
Core, I urge everyone who *might* be contributing to Squeak Core (now or
someday) to use appropriate care in examining or adopting any OpenQwaq
code.

This does *not* prevent appropriately labeled packages from being
uploaded to Squeaksource to be used by the community, however.  I'm
talking only about core.