[squeak-dev] Loading Xtreams-Xtra into trunk broken

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Thu May 5 12:02:52 UTC 2011

On Thu, 5 May 2011, Frank Shearar wrote:

> The Xtreams loader script seems to have rotted a bit.
>
> In particular, it seems one has to _leave off_ the trailing dash to get
> things to load properly.
>
> I recall a recent discussion over the trailing dash hack, and of course
> Monticello's seen a burst of activity. Are the two related?

These are the side effects of current Installer and MC changes. Use the
Metacello configuration ConfigurationOfXtreams to load Xtreams:

Installer ss
 	project: 'MetacelloRepository';
 	install: 'ConfigurationOfXtreams'.
ConfigurationOfXtreams project bleedingEdge load
(If you want the stable version, then use #stableVersion instead of
#bleedingEdge.)

> If you have FFI installed, you can ty install Xtreams-Xtras. Then you hit a

Metacello will install FFI for you.

> Syntax Error because of a selector #block_size.
>
> So you enable the "Allow underscore selectors" preference. Then you hit
> another Syntax Error that looks like this, modulo text formatting:
>
> HMAC_CTX_cleanup: ctx
> 	<cdecl:	void 'HMAC_CTX_cleanup' (HMACCTX*Matching number of arguments
> expected ->) module: 'libcrypto'>
> 	^self externalCallFailed
>
> At this point I'm stumped.

These are some of the symptoms of the lack of the tool support for
underscores in selectors. Use the Metacello configuration which includes a
workaround for these issues.

Levente