[squeak-dev] scripting SqueakMap now?

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Sun May 8 21:45:39 UTC 2011

At 12:35 PM -0400 5/8/11, Chris Cunnington apparently wrote:
> > Installer is a prime example of a potentially community maintained external package.
>
>OK. That's an interesting idea. I won't argue that. I will argue that in the main Installer works. The functions you've found errors for don't work, but I don't think they are used much. A good example of this is FTP support in FileList. Totally broken. But nobody seems to miss it. Some things are higher priority than others.
>
>> Trunk started out with an old version of Installer for no good reason and has diverged since then.
>
>There are lots of things that happen around here for no good reason. It's not a conspiracy just a community.
>
>> A merge of Trunk Installer with the one on squeaksource is needed to bring Trunk to the latest. A bit of work is needed to bring Trunk up to the latest state and to get the tests working.
>
>Great. That sounds like a plan. Would you like to be the maintainer for Installer?
>
>Chris

Well, I am not a community.
And I may have something messed up in my local Installer repo that is confusing.
>From what Chris Muller is saying maybe we are pretty close to having the squeaksource Installer repo in sync with trunk Installer, not sure yet.

It appears that
(Installer sm package: 'OCompletion'; versions) explore.
and
Installer sm install: 'OCompletion(head)'.
both work in a fresh 4.3-11404 image if
SMSqueakMap default loadUpdates.
is done first.

Ken