[squeak-dev] Resolution of Contentious Issues

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Mon May 9 12:35:12 UTC 2011

> If the better idea is siloing decisions in small rooms and keeping the
> broader community out of the final conversation whenever a topic is
> contentious, that sounds like a problem to me...

Certainly not what I suggest.

You talked about long recurring threads leading to nowhere: this happens
publicly, doesn't it ? I'm only saying that if there is longlasting
disagreement about an issue, that issue needs to discussed again, not
solved via a vote.

I don't know what made you think I have been asking for a "private final
conversation". I can only remark that you are not pleased by my honest
answer to your question. Well, if you do not want answers, don't ask
questions. Or, if you want controlled answers, just set up a vote:
voting is a good way to pretend being open while presenting only the
options you are interested in.

Stef