[squeak-dev] Resolution of Contentious Issues

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon May 9 18:10:58 UTC 2011

Just to clarify, I am not against survey-style polling; in fact I am
greatly interested in counting.  However, the way this was presented,
as a "resolution of contentious issues," while at the same time,
itself, being contentious with divisive, comparative language; that
approach will not be effective to garner my support.

I would only participate if I were sure the poll would not serve as a
wedge to divide our community / communities.

However, maybe not, because perhaps the emergent phenomena of "no
consensus" should be viewed _as_ a consensus; that the proposal could
not pass muster with enough of the bright minds here for action to be
warranted and, therefore, the choice not do do it was and is the
correct one.

 - Chris