MD5 for Squeak (was: Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Some question regarding portability)

Ron Teitelbaum ron at usmedrec.com
Wed May 11 23:45:00 UTC 2011

I should have said in a "few" small understandable packages.  They should
also be independently loadable or extremely clear about the order that they
should be loaded.  I think the original effort had problems because you had
to load core first before loading other packages that depended on it.  That
was clearly too complicated for some.  We finally decided to make one
package instead that would load.

Separating out code that is not really core cryptography into other packages
so that they do not have to be loaded does make sense to me.  We just need
to make sure that a single load will get people what they want.

Ron Teitelbaum

SSL will bit
> rot here if everyone is focused there.  It might make sense to move our
SSL