[squeak-dev] [ANN] VB-Regex patch available

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Thu May 12 14:28:30 UTC 2011

Reinout Heek recently published a patch in cincom store for some Regex
pending bugs after a recent mail on vwnc list.
I ported this 3-methods patch on Squeak based on latest
http://www.squeaksource.com/Regex.htm
I have no commit right, so I posted two copies:

http://source.squeak.org/inbox/VB-Regex-nice.18.mcz
http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoInbox/VB-Regex-nice.18.mcz

Note that core Pharo version of Regex is some versions ahead and the
patch requires further porting.

Nicolas

Port fixes from Reinout Heek from VW.Regex11

Regex11(1.3.1-soops1) - introduces fix
Regex11(1.3.3) - merge above with 1.3.2

Blessing comment:

Fixed RxmBranch to do greedy matching instead of first match passes.
This entailed adding a collection copy to #currentState, so I
expect this to slow down Regex11 a bit (not measured yet).

This fixes a bug found a Soops:
'.*(ABCD|BC)' asRegex matches: 'fooABCD'
and Mantis bug 5391:
'15' matchesRegex: '[1-9]|1[0-9]'

See http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=5391