[squeak-dev] Ripping out parts of a Monticello snapshot

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at angband.za.org
Thu May 12 21:02:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to load Lukas Renggli's Helvetia into Squeak. It has many,
many dependencies on things I don't need - OmniBrowser, ECompletion,
Polymorph, ...

These dependencies prevent me from simply loading an mcz into my image.
I know I can do this, with the undeclared classes and such going to
Undeclared, but sometimes this doesn't work: loading the package expects
certain behaviours in my image that don't exist, and things break badly.

What I'm currently doing is taking the Helvetia image, and filing out
things by hand. As you can imagine, this is pretty tedious: I file out
each system category, and then file out the individual
overrides/extensions for that package.

What would really be super awesome is for me to be able to say
"Monticello, load _this_part_ of the snapshot". Or even be able to say
"file out _this_part_ of the snapshot".

Does such functionality exist? (Mea culpa; I have not looked.)

frank