[squeak-dev] When to fix a socket error message

Gary Dunn garydunnhi at gmail.com
Mon May 16 23:45:05 UTC 2011

Yeah, I am seeing that as I investigate chat, status request and the other
services. Those display a Note like mine. Curious how different each is --
text chat displays "no connection" message in the Reply text window. Also
amusing: ensureNetworkConnected resolves 'squeak.org' as connectivity test.
I suppose the logic was "as Squeak goes, so goes the domain name."

Thanks for your help.

Gary Dunn
Open Slate Project
http://openslate.org

On May 16, 2011 1:00 AM, "Levente Uzonyi" <leves at elte.hu> wrote:

On Mon, 16 May 2011, Gary Dunn wrote:

> While investigating a bug in Nebrask's telemorphic feature ...
ConnectionTimedOut is an exception which should be handled by Nebraska if
the default action (see #defaultAction) - which is opening a debugger - is
not what you would like to see.

Levente