Updating our website (was: Re: [squeak-dev] Re: www.squeak.org has yet to refer to the 4.2 release)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue May 17 00:05:20 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 01:03:02AM +0200, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> On Mon, 16 May 2011, Chris Cunnington wrote:

<miscommunication snipped>

> I didn't mean to flame anyone (especially you, who more than a year
> after my first request did something about the download page). I didn't
> think that my mail can be interpreted as high handed, but that's probably
> because english is not my native language. For the very same reason I'm
> still wondering what you meant by your first sentence in this paragraph.

Sometimes those of us who learned English as our first language may
forget that others on the list do not know the American, English and
Canadian language idioms. And sometimes a non-native speaker with
excellent writing skills may communicate so well in writing that
we forget that English is not his or her first language. After all,
this is just email, which does lack the human touch. So hopefully
the occasional miscommunication will be forgiven by all.

Dave