[squeak-dev] NetNameResolver localHostAddress returns 0.0.0.0 in FreeBSD

Gary Dunn garydunnhi at gmail.com
Wed May 18 21:22:01 UTC 2011

Ok guys, I guess you are the exception that proves the rule ... something
like that. My perspective is high school students in a classroom-like
setting. You give me your IP address, I make a badge for you, and I can drop
a morph on your badge to send it to you. You need a way to discover your IP
address. Nice to be able to do it in Squeak.

Gary Dunn
Open Slate Project
http://openslate.org

On May 18, 2011 10:02 AM, "Colin Putney" <colin at wiresong.com> wrote:

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Elliot Finley <efinley.lists at gmail.com>
wrote:
>> I was wondering ...
Yup. I run virtual machines (VMware, not Smalltalk) for development,
and that also tends to result in a lot of interfaces and IP address.
My desktop machine has 3 active interfaces and 3 addresses. One of my
virtual machines has 2 interfaces, with a total of 5 IP addresses, and
the other has 2 interfaces and 2 addresses.

We should probably just get rid of that primitive entirely.

Colin