[squeak-dev] Fwd: [Pharo-project] usability of Pharo and Squeak

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Tue May 31 20:39:00 UTC 2011

On 31. 05. 2011 18:35, Ramon Leon wrote:

> Tabs would make it more like practically every other program available
> that needs multiple edit windows.  Tabs are better than multiple
> windows.  Look around, tabs won; the battle is over.  Tabbed browsing of
> the net or 15 instances of Firefox open?  Seriously, you think multiple
> windows are better?  Really?

Agreed, tabs won, therefore we need to implement it and this will be a
big step forward for usability of our tools. Not only for newcomers, for
us too. You will see sooner or later that tabbed windows are better than
full ones. I had such experience from VW and other VisualWorkers would
probably confirm that.

Ok, a right combo of both, tabbed and full. Say two browsers windows
with a reasonable amount of methods open in tabs. And adding back button
.. well that would be near nirvana considering current state :)

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek