[squeak-dev] smalltalk evolution

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue May 31 22:15:50 UTC 2011

> I think about it - I was just curious about:
> 1. if there is any effort to change squeak on language level

I joining to what Nicolas said: try eating own food.
Implement new syntax, implement some library on it.
Show results, proving that changing syntax make things less complex,
easier to read and understand,
and of course easier and faster to implement.
Otherwise its just a voice in the desert.

> 2. what do people who already implemented one successful language, think
> about what I've just written

i don't know. Maybe you should ask them instead?
Ask perl author(s) or ruby author(s), what they thinking about what
you just wrote.
(especially Ruby one, which has no formally defined grammar).

I would really like to know what they thinking.
Seriously & Pun intended.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.