[squeak-dev] Re: Support for WebSocket version 7 or above in the WebClient package

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Mon Oct 3 21:31:49 UTC 2011

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Hi Balázs -
>
> Just got back from vacation and saw your message. Reading through the spec
> there is quite a few changes in this version (some for the better, some
> possibly for the worse) but I've added experimental support in the latest
> version of WebClient (at http://www.squeaksource.com/WebClient). Do you know
> of any browser which supports this version? Since I don't have any at hand

FF6 uses version 7, Chromium 15 uses version 8 (according to the headers -
instead of 10 which was advertised), which is pretty much the same as
version 7.

> the only tests I could run were local and as always when you implement both
> ends of a protocol it's easy to make the same mistakes on both ends :-) Let
> me know if it works for you.

It didn't work, but we fixed it, you can find the changes here:
http://leves.web.elte.hu/squeak/WebClient-WebSocket-fixes.1.cs . The
server side works, but I didn't check the client. Note that the changes
are for ar.85. I just checked and saw that you fixed some issues in ar.86,
so our cs will have to be merged.

Levente