[squeak-dev] Q: where i can find a Styled Text Editor?

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 18:52:12 UTC 2011

2011/10/10 Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com>:
> On 8 October 2011 20:01, Bernhard Pieber <bernhard at pieber.com> wrote:
>> Hi Igor,
>>
>> Thank you for your interest. I am afraid I did not have time to release the code yet. Sorry about that. :-(
>>
>> I will try my best to increase the priority for that.
>>

> Well, currently i am trying to approach text rendering from fresh
> perspective, and it would be nice to look how you did it.
>
> In Cuis, i see a lot of clean up, but it is still more or less same,
> years old model.
> My main interest is text layout , not rendering, since rendering will
> be done differently.

You mean composition, like in CompositionScanner ?
Do you wish to handle font selection, line splitting, graphics
embedding, alignment, margins, indentations, tab stops, inter line
spacing etc... in Smalltalk?

If you use external rendering, you'll have to use external layout
measurement, no?
Then basic rendering API might have to cope with inter letter spacing
adjustment (with kerning) and inter word spacing adjustment...
Is that what you're looking for, splitting responsibilities in current
implementation?

Nicolas