[squeak-dev] Spreadsheet morph

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 03:27:08 UTC 2011

I am _really_ interested in a SpreadsheetMorph.  Just a grid of
objects.  Drag and drop.  "Formulas" would just be Smalltalk
expression strings sent to the SpreadsheetMorph itself, which can
reference any of its cells, of course:

    (self cellAt: 1 at 2) + (self cellAt: 1 at 3)

would send the #+ message to whatever objects had been dragged into
those referenced cells.

If I had that, I could finally finish and present a maui-based Office
application for Squeak (word-proc, spreadsheet, presentation -- but
integrated with standard domain objects as characters, cells,
presentations-objects, respectively).  I would use Maui's rendering to
allow each cell to assume any system or user-defined view.

Unfortunately it's way down on my to-do list.  I hope someday I'll
have time, I think it'd be fun to develop.

  - Chris