[squeak-dev] Spreadsheet morph

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Fri Oct 14 07:51:32 UTC 2011

> Seems to me that a PasteUpMorph is a very large object, with a ton of
> instance variables that mostly go unused in this case. Should I be
> looking for a more efficient approach? As for my own brain, the large
> number of methods is overwhelming.

In my experience of Morphic, I never tried to grok all methods a Morph
implements. I explore what methods are used for a given functionality
I'm interested into, and ignore the rest.

As for PasteUpMorph, one of its functions is to represent the World, so
it is indeed very rich. I'm not sure it has to be the basis for a
spreadsheet, maybe a simple morph will do. There are a zillion ways to
do things in Morphic.

In my working image I have 235 living subinstances of PasteUpMorph. No
efficiency problem at all.

Stef