What good is Notification (was: Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: ToolBuilder-Kernel-cmm.52.mcz)

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Fri Oct 21 06:52:57 UTC 2011

Am 2011-10-21 um 01:22 schrieb Levente Uzonyi:

>> Which leads me right back to my question:  If I have to look at each
>> kind of Notification to see how it works, then someone please tell me
>> what type of exception is this "organizing superclass" organizing?
>> There should be some commonality to all of its subclasses, what is it?
>
> Maybe it's worth separating the Notifications which just provide some information and can simply be resumed from those which are used for communication across the stack.

Among these ‘communication notifications’ is the Seaside WADynamicVariable,
wich leads me to the impression, that—since there are now Thread-local based
dynamic variables in trunk—communication notifications can be re-modeled
to be actual dynamic variables (which some of them seem to be)

Best
	-Tobias