[squeak-dev] [VM-team] [ANN] VMMaker repository home is now http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Sep 5 13:38:02 UTC 2011

The VMMaker source repository is now located at:

  MCHttpRepository
      location: 'http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker'
      user: ''
      password: ''

This is a mirror of the http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker repository,
with all historical files, and with no change to policy. The intent of
the move is to improve reliability and availability of the VMMaker
repository for all project participants.

The automated commit notices to the vm-dev list will now come from
source.squeak.org, and the commit notices from squeaksource.com have
been disabled. This is to permit files to be copied between
source.squeak.org/VMMaker and squeaksource.com/VMMaker without
duplicate commit notices.

Commits to VMMaker should now be made to the new repository, and
direct references to the VMMaker repository (e.g. ConfigurationOfVMMaker)
should be updated to reflect the change.

For Squeak and Pharo users who use VMMaker through Monticello or
Metacello, there should be no immediate change. However, adding a
repository for http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker is recommended at
your earliest convenience.

I wish to add my appreciation for SqueakSource, which serves as a
valuable community resource and has for many years been the home of
the VMMaker project. I further note that many plugins used by VMMaker
are hosted on SqueakSource, and this will continue to be the case.

Thanks also to Bert Freudenberg for setting up the new repository with
a complete mirror copy of the VMMaker project.

Dave