[squeak-dev] General Squeak projects and advice to help people ramp up

Gary Dunn garydunnhi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 16:14:06 UTC 2011

Suggest we use the swiki for this. Nice to augment with screen shot videos,
nicer still if we could watch them in Squeak.

Gary Dunn
Open Slate Project
http://openslate.org

On Sep 8, 2011 2:13 AM, "Juan Vuletich" <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:

Hi Jeff,

Jeff G wrote:

> This email was sparked by the conversation currently going on in the "Fork
Propo...
Thanks for your thoughts. This attitude is very much needed here!

I think you are in a perfect position to lead the work on part of what you
correctly say we are missing: clear, consolidated instructions on how to do
usual community stuff: Guides to SqueakMap and Monticello, how to contribute
to trunk, how to create new projects and contribute to existing ones. Those
guides should focus on usual procedures, "etiquette rules" and such, not so
much on technical details. This would be a great enabler for potential
contributors. And nobody is in a better position to do this than someone
who's actually learning the stuff and is really motivated to help. Please
team with others who might want to help and go for it!

(All your other comments are also very valuable and I hope they inspire
others to comment on them and act!)

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich