[squeak-dev] Fork Proposal: Cuis & Killer Apps.

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 23:12:44 UTC 2011

Likely your troubles are in fact with Morphic. It's the spot where the most
stuff has changed. Have you tried loading up any of your missing
dependencies? I've been able on occasion to get things written for Squeak
working without a lot of effort Cuis, but it did take some learning about
Cuis' (lovely) flavor of Morphic in order to make things work. Often times,
it's just a matter of using a more idiomatic selector where the Squeak code
is using (redundant) convenience methods. In other cases, it's really just
that Cuis is quite different. It's almost always something to do with
Morphic.

If I was you, I'd pick my way through, try to load the stuff that's missing
(I often minimize the debugger when I'm loading something and I hit a
missing class, that way I don't forget to go back and test it once I've
loaded it up.)

If you do this and get stuck, you should post a stack trace or a description
of the problem to the list. I'll be glad to help you any way that I can as
time allows (though my time is currently up in the air.)

Cheers,

Casey

--
Casey Ransberger