[squeak-dev] [CI] Unloading a package programmatically?

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 11:45:50 UTC 2011

Yeah, so there are a number of forces at work, right? Is a bigger image
"right?" Or is worrying so much about rigor that one overlooks the utter
harmlessness of the build tools "right?"

I would certainly tell you that in this case, I prefer the latter, but then
I'm forced to fork Lukas' code... people will get mad at me for adding
classes... etc... so probably if we called a vote on it, my job would be to
make sure that the build infrastructure gets unloaded before the artifacts
are archived.

p.s.

You're dead right, it integrates JUnit XML output (as grokked by
Hudson/Jenkins) with SUnit, but without modifying SUnit AFAICT (it seems
like a pretty elegant solution to me. I'm not hating it. This is a good
sign!) The actual build scripts are external to the image (on the file
system) so the impact of loading it is pretty negligible, as nothing depends
on it.

--
Casey Ransberger