[squeak-dev] [CI] Unloading a package programmatically?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Sep 9 12:14:16 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 06:45:31AM -0500, Ralph Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 6:10 AM, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:
> > Universes is abandoned and SqueakMap has similar capabilities, so we'll
> > probably remove it from the system.
>
> Does SqueakMap yet handle dependencies, i.e. if you load a package
> will it load all the packages it depends on?   That was the one
> feature of Universe that made it very useful.  I think Metacello is a
> better candidate for replacing Universe.

As an aside for folks who may not be familiar with this, an explanation
of Lex Spoon's Universes concept is well worth reading today:

  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3786
  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3785

Regardless of what tools are used, the concepts are important to
understand and I think that Lex provided the clearest and simplest
explanation of this that I've seen.

Dave