[squeak-dev] General Squeak projects and advice to help people ramp up

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 03:05:43 UTC 2011

Thanks for the massive wall of text, Jeff.  :)  If you have time to
contribute, how about some look improvements to the image?  I really
wanted to improve the appearance of the Morphic halos for 4.2, but
even just adjusting their colors wasn't as simple as I'd hoped.  Could
you fix that?

If you're game for a larger project then maybe continuing the work on
getting Morphic3 or Cuis' Morphic going in Squeak.  I believe it would
have to be able to run side-by-side with existing Morphic to have the
best chance for adoption, so that projects could be ported.

Squeak is a continuum (where Pharo is more like the explorer).  This
community here are concerned with their projects so, 98% of the time,
the Squeak project moves by incremental steps.  The focus has been on
improving the overall quality of the image and VM, and not as much in
other areas.

 - Chris