[squeak-dev] Can't enter ^ on ubuntu with german keyboard

Alexander Lazarević laza at blobworks.com
Thu Sep 15 12:33:58 UTC 2011

Hi!

On a german keyboard you can combine ^ and another character by
pressing these keys one after the other like pressing ^ and then e to
get ê.
To just get the ^ character you can press the ^ key and then space. I
think this also always worked for squeak.
But if I try this now with a cog vm I get an unknown character and the
outline of the ^ character changes to an up arrow (very strange).
Now I have to switch the system keyboard layout back and forth to be
able to enter ^ in Squeak.
Have you seen this? What can I do about it?

Thanks,
 Alex

PS: Look here if you want to see what I'm talking about
http://youtu.be/913TMdQyLug