[squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sun Sep 18 23:55:06 UTC 2011

Changes to Trunk (http://source.squeak.org/trunk.html) in the last 24 hours:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2011-September/004982.html

Name: Kernel-ul.625
Ancestors: Kernel-ul.624

Use #copyFrom: and #becomeForward: instead of #become: during changes of MethodDictionaries. These changes assume that #copyFrom: is atomic (just like #become: and #becomeForward:), so the MethodDictionaries never get into an inconsistent state.
These changes speed up #rehash, #removeAll, #removeKey:ifAbsent and also #compact if the dictionary already has the smallest possible capacity. This means that #rehashAllInstances and #rehashWithoutBecome is not necessary anymore, so those were removed.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2011-September/004983.html

Name: Kernel-ul.626
Ancestors: Kernel-ul.625

MethodDictionary changes:
- fix: #compact shouldn't increase the load factor above 75% (see #sizeFor: on the class side)
- speed up #compact and #compactAllInstances by using #copyFrom: instead of #becomeForward: if the capacity of the dictionaries can't be reduced
- recategorized some class side methods
- use cascade in #at:put:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2011-September/004984.html

Name: System-ul.453
Ancestors: System-dtl.452

Removed the last references to #rehashWithoutBecome.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2011-September/004985.html

Name: Installer-Core-jmg.351
Ancestors: Installer-Core-nice.350

added 2 convenience methods to support the use of SqueakSource3 with the Installer.  I don't think the camel-casing is correct but I wanted to remain the same as the other Squeak Source methods.