[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Morphic-laza.574.mcz

Alexander Lazarević laza at blobworks.com
Mon Sep 19 07:10:39 UTC 2011

2011/9/15 Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>:
> I like the idea, but not the implementation. I'd rather not fork a process but use Morphic stepping instead.

True. It's even easier that way. Thanks.

> Also, I'd have expected this to be "auto cancel" not "auto accept". Maybe we need both?

Actually it's neither "auto cancel" nor "auto accept" but "auto
trigger". After some timeout the preselected button gets triggered. If
this is the accept (true) button or the cancel (false) button is up to
how the UserDialogBoxMorph gets setup. Until now there was no
convenient method to preselect the false choice. In the case that you
need some auto trigger feature or preselect the false choice you can
order the full monty as in:

UserDialogBoxMorph confirm: 'I like hot java' title: 'What do you
say?' trueChoice: 'You bet!' falseChoice: 'Nope' default: false
triggerAfter: 12 at: 121 at 212

I haven't conjugated every permutation of triggerAt:, default:, at:
into some convenience method. Most importantly because I'm too lazy,
but also because I think there is no point. (Well some could say there
is no point in doing this anyway, but ...hey ...  why not)

Alex